CATL LFP Electric Forklift Solution Introduction
CATL can provide customers with more secure and reliable solutions as regards lithium-ion (LiFePO4) battery forklifts. There are so many advantages to take CATL LFP battery solutions for both Forklifts Manufacturers and the old Lead-Acid Battery operated forklifts owners.
Economical and environmentally friendly Forklifts with lithium-ion batteries help customers win business
The logistics industry generally features stringent environmental requirements, high frequency of use and long working hours. The conventional lead-acid battery involves high labor costs, high charging requirements, a slow charging speed and short life, and is thus unable to meet forklift’s operational requirements. Meanwhile, the lithium-ion battery has significant advantages due to its being maintenance-free, and featuring a long life, high safety and reliability, which make it better qualified for use in forklift power systems.
A long service life enables better economy in the whole life cycle. Operation efficiency can be improved with a high charging and discharging rate, fast charging speed and high discharging power.
High volumetric energy density, 4,000 cycles with 100% DoD and service life of up to 8 years.
Thermal runaway temperature of 800℃ with a low heat release rate.
No extra hazardous gas is generated during charging.
No daily maintenance or fluid replacement required.
No need to ventilate the charging area.
Customized design CATL products completely adaptable to customer requirements
CATL’s electric forklift solution adopts square LFP (LiFePO4) batteries that are generally supplied for commercial vehicles, which are well developed and economical with a guaranteed supply. In addition, the sophisticated group technology of new energy vehicles is adopted and special modules are designed according to the space and characteristics of forklifts, perfectly meeting customer requirements. The characteristics are as follows:
1. The aluminum alloy sheet metal frame is firm and light with good heat dissipation;
2. The frame adopts a mature riveting process instead of screw connections to avoid loosening;
3. The series-parallel connections of batteries and electrical connections of sample lines adopt a welding process instead of screw connections to avoid loosening;
4. The battery electrodes and electrical connections are supported and isolated by high-strength engineered plastic parts, preventing touches by mistake and providing strong and long-lasting insulation;
5. The fixed mode of modules is standardized, contributing to pack assembly and long-term reliability.
CATL became involved in the forklift market as early as 2018, establishing a joint venture to assemble LFP battery packs to supply them to forklifts in bulk. With the development of technology and the gradual maturity of the market, CATL will launch more reliable, safe and durable lithium battery products to accelerate forklift electrification.